Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 2 - NYC and the train to Castleton VA

Day 2 - I had my audition for Maestro Maazel.  It was held in a hall at Julliard, so we decided all to go...Julliard is by the Manhattan Temple and we thought James would get a kick out of seeing that.  We decided to take the subway!  BTW - James was free to take the subway!! - AWESOME!  I was, to say the least, nervous and scared, but after a blessing, I felt better.  The audition went well and Maestro and Nancy seemed happy!  We will have to see what the summer holds...Nancy called us later that day and gave us the impression that I was in they just needed to set details on what exactly I was going to sing! The rest of the day...we had about 3 hours before boarding the Train - was spent at Toys-R-Us down in Time Square!  James loved it!  We rode the Ferris Wheel (located in the middle of the store), went to the Willy Wonka store, saw a moving dinosaur, stood by a lego made Buzz Lightyear, held hands with Mr. Candyland, and stood by the Transformer guy (Tyler's favorite).  He was in heaven!  After Toys-R-Us, we went straight to the train.  It was really cool to go from NYC to Washington DC by train.  James slept most of the way...worn out from the New York lifestyle!   Ohhh P.S. James, while waiting for the train, was playing with some toys and decided to bang his forehead and nose into the armrest of his chair...instantly he starting bleeding from his nose and it continued until we got on the train 10 minutes later....way to go James!
On the Subway!!!
 
Ferris Wheel...so FUN!

Willy Wonka Land - new to Toys-R-Us

The dinosaur that moved it's head and roared...pretty scary!

Buzz Lightyear...out of legos!!  SO COOL

Transformers....and James and Ty

Mr. Candyland...

James on the train...all tuckered out!!

No comments: