Thursday, January 19, 2012

And we're back....Christmas Break....



We did a ton of crazy things over the break....so instead of writing them all down, I thought I would do a huge long picture story....


1) We finished our kitchen!!!!  YAY!!!  Tyler got home and he had tons more energy than me and we went to work on those horrid walls, sprayed texture, 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of paint, new baseboards, new crown molding, new door frames, 2 coats of paint on the doors, curtain rod, new curtains, and put a little white door stopper (to protect the wall).  I love love love it!!!  Thanks Tyler for bearing with me and my insane ideas...
Shown - just the part I haven't posted yet....the newly finished part.

 2) I guess this happened before the finished kitchen.....the horribly insane cramped kitchen (because of all the sanding we had to do, we moved everything out and sectioned it off), distracted parents (sonic lunch), and high energy kids (Scotty climbing everywhere)....


3.)  We finished the basement room.  Complete with a 20+ yr. King Size bed, compliments of the Harts, thanks mom and congrats on your new bed!  The room before was "Home Depot" bright orange with rotted baseboards.  We made sure there were no water issues still and primed and painted the ceiling, door frames, doors, walls, and redid the baseboards....sooooooo much better.  AND the cat everything is gone!!
 

 4.) I was on my last pair of contacts (like always) and finally went to Standard Optical for an eye appointment and got these lovely bad boys.....Scotty is right out of the Party Rock Anthem music video!  He loved them....we cranked up the music and he was jamming to the music with them.  So stylish babe!




4.) Since the weather was warmer in December than usual, we went to the park!!  Before we left James wanted to wear a tie.  He said he needed to look nice, which was funny considering that day he picked out basketball shorts and faded skull shirt, with spiderman shoes.  When we got to the park, he immediately grabbed a stick and started casting spells to the kids, slides, and trees....it was then I understood why he needed to wear a tie.  Let me present to you, the modern Harry Potter.....



5.) Also that same day, never before, he wanted to climb a tree and did so all by himself.  By the time I got over there he was already pretty high.  Thanks to Virginia and the climbing tree outside our house there, he is like a monkey!


6.) Scotty is our regular chef in the kitchen these days....I find him dragging a chair over and climbing up and reaching for anything....these days it is the apples.  He picks them up and chucks them all over the floor.  Let me tell you, bruised apples are my FAVORITE, not!  Here he is helping with cooking up some Ramen, you know the really gross soup, yup we had that - well the kids did anyway!
..



7.) James Christmas Program.....so cute!!  We love Camille, she does such a great job, they are learning so freaking much!  I love it when James comes home, he tells me something new, and most of the time I didn't even know it.  James is in the back holding up his red hat.  It is small and you can hardly see it....maybe I could post a video of the program????





8.)  CHRISTMAS.....They got lots, probably too much, oh well.  James was soooooo happy, even when he opened his socks - funny kid.  He also got a couple XBOX games - Bee Movie, Toy Story 3, and Pinata.  So he was super excited!  Scotty loved his toys but then when he saw the food (clementines) he couldn't stop eating them.....oh Scotty, he NEVER stops eating!!











1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I can't stop laughing. James is an AWESOME Harry Potter! Love it! (makes me so excited for Donnie to do crazy things like that)