Sunday, August 15, 2010
Early Labor or just Braxton Hicks??
I am now 4 days from my estimated due date and have been feeling consistent sensations of tightening. They definitely do not hurt or even make me stop what I am doing....so I am thinking this could not be the real thing. I don't really remember last time (with James) because I was induced and was in the hospital bed the entire time. I don't think the contractions are getting stronger even though I decided to go take an hour walk this afternoon. Right now I just feel annoyed. I feel like, "lets either do this thing, or lets not - don't keep me guessing and wondering if I should call Grandma - the babysitter, or if I will be spending the night at the hospital and need to get my things together." I guess the real reason why I just feel annoyed is because this same kinda thing happened on Wednesday. After a couple of hours of these easy contractions, I thought we should pack our bag and get the house ready for any visitors. Well, as you can guess, NOTHING came of it, except now I have a relatively clean house and my bags packed. For some reason I was thinking that once labor finally started, it got really hard and stayed that way for a really long time - NOT this back and forth guessing game. I also think it throws Tyler through a loop too, not knowing what to do or how to help me. Why can't there be a little alarm clock or a "dinger" telling me that my baby is done "cooking in the oven" and that we would be up all night, so go get some rest, drop James off, and get ready for the big event! Alas this is not the case, and the only remedy is to just wait and anticipate! Everyone says, "Oh you will know when you are in labor and you will not be guessing" - so I guess if I am guessing, I am obviously NOT in real labor. Oh well...preggo for another day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment