Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Preschool Fun!!

Why is it that preschool seems SO fun at my age but not for a 3 year old?  It would seem, for 3 and 4 year olds, that it is the SCARIEST place on earth!  This is James' second day of preschool and the second day that I left a screaming crying child in the arms of a sweet preschool teacher.  Of course, when I picked him up (after the 1st day) he was happily enjoying himself and talked about how much fun preschool was!  Then something must have happened between Monday night and Wednesday morning, because all morning he whined and complained about going to preschool, saying such things as "I hate learning" or "I just want to stay home with you, mommy" or better yet "I need to take a nap!"  Meanwhile, I am thinking..."I am paying $90 a month for this amazing preschool experience so you are going whether you like it or not!"  I am trying to only talk about the great wonderful things of preschool AND on preschool days we have had great breakfasts (to try to make it fun to get ready for school).  I know it is only the second day - so it has to get better right?  To make matters worse...my child seems to be the ONLY one with the crying screaming issue!  All the other kids' mothers leave without their children freaking out.  And not to think to highly of my child, but I would think James would be the last person to have an issue with mom leaving, since I still work and have left and still leave James with babysitters all the time!  I am thinking it might have something to do with the addition that just entered our lives.  He really hasn't shown any jealousy or resentment for baby Scott, but I think maybe he has gotten a little more clingy (maybe a lot more clingy!).  I guess to all the experienced moms with crying issues in regards to preschool...Is there anything else I can do?


1st day of school - I think at this point, he really liked the idea of it!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Charlie did the exact same thing! I finally just started leaving him after I went with him for the first week-which I wouldn't stay with him if I had it to do over again. That seemed to make it worse. And finally after two weeks, he calmed down and started walking in without me dragging him. Hang in there. It gets better and he'll get used to it. We had just had the girls too so I felt bad but it's ok.

Machelle said...

First off, where did you find a place for only $90 a month!??! I can not find anything less than $250 a month and that is $500 for both my kids! YIKES! My kids scream when I take them to daycare at the gym so I have no help for you! But I can assure you it does get better. When I taught Pre-K most of the kids were over the crying/screaming by 2-3 weeks of going.

Tyler Nelson said...

Machelle -

$90 a month!! I know, right? I couldn't believe it either! AND that is for three days a week too! I think it is sooo low because she does it out of her house and in UTAH there seems to be sooo many kids that you have to compete on the pricing...but seriously I couldn't believe how low it was!


Lindsey - I left James the first day after 15 min of staying...but I cried all the way home and went back 20 minutes later to peek in the window to see how he was doing! I am such a wimp!

Chelsey Christensen said...

This comment is on the very cute pictures of James & Scott on AandLphoto.blogspot.com
I love them! Scott looks so sweet in the collage photos. You should see if you can use this picture for his baby/birth announcements. I am sure Lindsey would be okay with it, since it would be free advertising, let her keep her logo on the picture in the corner or something.

Tyler Nelson said...

I know I am going to try to do that!! But don't really know where to get the announcement done? Any ideas...what are you doing?