Saturday, June 19, 2010
Toilet Training Update...
I realized that I haven’t posted on this topic since James was going nude. We are now over that phase and have done a little regressing BUT now, I think, we are really back on track! The trip out here, we put James in a diaper (mostly because I didn’t want to pack extra clothes and have accident all the way out there). He did great, I think only peeing his diaper on occasion. Most of the time, because of the rewards he would go every time we stopped at a gas station! When we arrived, we began a whole different story with always having accidents and never wanting to go!! I think this was because there is now another boy living in our same house (4 years old) and it is just TOO long to leave him and go. Much easier to just go in the pants and then you don’t have to stop playing! There is also SOOO much to do and see on a farm/ranch. Anyway after a couple days of that, and me getting really frustrated. James has done a 360. These past two days he told me he wanted to wear big boy underwear and has not yet had an accident. What is really surprising, is that he is wanting to go by himself with NO help. Last night, we put him to bed and 30 min. later came to check on him and he was sitting on the toilet, diaper and pajamas off, telling me he needed to poop. I was so proud of him, that he 1) didn’t need me to ask him to go. 2) didn’t ask for help. and 3) just went and did it himself. Of course we helped him get his night-time diaper back on and tucked him back in, but he did it!! YAY!! Now I just hope that this doesn’t give him another excuse to get out of bed at night! Oh well....it always seems to we trying to work on something! And maybe when we get home....I will have a boy who is potty trained!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment