Friday, July 2, 2010

Dishwasher Explosion

I learned something new this week. If you have a 12 year old boy living in the house, you will probably experience this same thing. He was really just trying to help out and start the dishwasher and put in dishwashing soap instead of dish detergent. He was mortified when he saw bubbles start streaming out of the dishwasher. Tyler was just returning from his morning workout and saw how scared and mortified he was. He told Tyler "I think I put in too much soap." Tyler then proceeded to ask what kind he put in and then explained that the right "soap" was the detergent underneath the sink. He was so embarrassed. Anyway, all day long we ran the rinse cycle, trying to clear out the soap and the bubbles. We soaked like 20 bath towels, then dried them in the dryer and soaked them again...repeat for all day. I was getting a little upset because we had been doing this all day with the same amount of bubbles coming out each time. I decided I needed a break and went to go see one of Tyler's rehearsals. While there, I talked with Terry (the maintenance guy that does everything around the farm) - he said he had no idea, but to try putting the dish detergent in. I was like "what more soap?" But then he said "well maybe the detergent will get rid of the soap, like it does on the dishes..." Well it was worth a try...and it totally worked the first time. No bubbles came out, no nothing....YAY!! So word to the mother who this will happen to...when and if your child puts in dish soap - counter it and put in the detergent!

No comments: