Sunday, November 20, 2011

After 4 weeks....I am READY...

 Sorry to everyone who is reading this (and might decide not to read)...I really just wanted to write it as a journal entry.  Kinda sappy, I know, oh well, I am a sappy person - so deal!

After 4 weeks of Tyler being gone, I am ready to have him home!  I miss him.  He is such a great dad, who takes his parenting role seriously and plays an active part in our kids lives.  I know it just KILLS him that he is gone from them, probably as much as it kills us that his gone.  He is an awesome husband, who supports me and all my crazy and still loves me at the end of the day no matter what.  I miss him a lot.  I hate sleeping alone, and waking up alone, and starting the day just me, and ending the day with just me.  I've been doing projects around the house to keep my mind off of him being gone and me feeling sad and lonely (especially at night), but after 4 weeks, I want to have him around desperately.  Ok, I'll get off my "poor me" attitude.   I know a LOT of people that go much longer with a spouse gone, or have to do it as a single parents.  I have so much sympathy (or is it empathy?) for them.  Seriously there is a special place in Heaven for single parents....so much work just with the kids, and I don't even work full-time, I can't even imagine!  James and Scott have been rockstars maybe even more like superheros.  They talk to dad on Skype, and Scotty blows kisses and points out dad's nose, mouth, and eyes, and James sings, dances, tells about his day, or just sucks his thumb with blanket in hand just watching dad show him all the fun toys and candy that daddy bought for him.  James asked everyday how much longer daddy will be gone for and when we can set up Christmas.  We both are counting the days.  Today we are 10 days away, and tomorrow in are in the single digits, baby!!!  9 days left!!!  We just can't wait for him to come home!!! In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we are thankful for our amazing, hardworking, fun-loving, devoted dad/husband!  We love you!


Tyler sent this gift to me filled with all sorts of goodies...so beautiful and thoughtful!  Thanks babe!

No comments: