Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hair dying nightmare...

This morning in between wake and REM sleep (mostly because of Scott who started grunting every 5 minutes - but never quite woke all the way up - ANNOYING) I had this CRAZY dream.  Let me preface this by saying that I have NEVER dyed my hair.  Not once.  I have always wanted too and have made actual appointments and then have always backed out...I know, wuss right?  But nonetheless...I have never dyed my hair.  Ok so the dream...I was at my mom's and finally was going to do it.  I was going to dye my hair.  I had made this decision when my mother was actually dying her own hair (she does hers at home).  I excitedly announced that I am going to put black, dark brown, and red streaks in.  My mother, also excited I was going to take the plunge, immediately came over and started slopping all this gross goop BLONDE dye all over my hair, which immediately turned my hair into this horrid bleached blonde color - it did NOT look good.  She then proceeded to get scissors and cut one side of my hair right above my ear.  I stared into the mirror with horror and then began SCREAMING, YELLING, and crying uncontrollably at my mother and how stupid she was.  I don't know if I was more mad at her for the bleach blonde color or the horrific cut.  Probably the cut, because I distinctly remember yelling over and over "It took me two years to grow that, two years..."  I remember thinking that now I will have to go into a wig store and wear a wig until my poor hair will come back.  My dream then switched to the wig store and me trying on different wigs.  I really was actually going to wear a wig...in every day life!  I woke up sweating, and grabbing my hair.  Thank you this was just a dream.  But maybe also a vision that I really should NOT ever dye my hair or have my mother cut it.  SO at least for now, you will see me just as the same old boring long brown hair Valerie - until, of course, I have a good successful dream about a cut and color!

No comments: