This past weekend was a first for me in many different ways. It was my first time to fly into Kansas City (crazy weird airport) much less all by myself with a 1 month old. I flew with James when he was 1 month, but I had Chelsey's help. So this time no helpers just me with a huge duffel bag, car seat, and Scott. I am sure I looked pretty hilarious because I didn't check anything and nothing had rollers, so I put Scott in a baby carrier and slung the duffel over my shoulder and picked up the huge car seat and waddled down the airport. Luckily Scott was a super star and didn't fuss or cry. On the airplane I was seated on the first row right after the expensive first class, which meant I had a ton of leg room. I sat next to this really nice older lady and we chatted a little but not anywhere near annoying. Scott was awesome here too and basically slept the entire flight (2 1/2 hours). Right when we were getting off, I hear and feel and HUGE explosion. Scott had pooped everywhere, through his diaper onto his clothes and up his back. I rush (with my bag, baby, and car seat) to a bathroom and then proceed to try to clean up a huge mess and change his clothes. BUT at least it didn't happen on the plane - THANK HEAVENS!!
The flight back.....OH BOY....I hated it! It first was at 6:05 AM and I had to get up at 4 and be out the door by 4:30, which meant waking a sleeping baby! We made it to the airport and through security just fine. It all started getting bad once I boarded the plane. I had an isle seat in the middle of the plane, which meant no leg room like the flight out....BOO, but it was ok. Here I was sitting there trying to make myself comfortable and getting Scott all situated, when this horrible looking lady with bad hygiene comes down the isle with her two small dogs. Of course her seat is right next to mine...the window seat. She was taking forever getting down the isle and then when I had to get up and move, we were basically holding up the entire plane, so the attendant lady came and just asked me to move over to the window and she would take the isle. Well what could I do...I scooted over and then was squeezed even more by this lady, who was quite large as well. She put her dogs under the seat and they started yapping and she started yelling at them to quit it. Once they quieted down she turned to me trying to make a space for me and Scott in a 18 inch x 18 inch area. This is when I smelled her BO and overwhelming dog smell. Now I am getting even more claustrophobic. Could I make it the whole flight? Scott, luckily, was sleeping, so I tried to relax, but then started sneezing. I am not allergic to dogs and normally love them, but under the circumstances, my body had it! It was a packed plane and I could exactly asked to be moved, so I resigned to deal with it. The plane took off, and she fell asleep....started snoring (loudly) and her arm was way over the arm bar and seriously taking up my personal space. I felt like I wanted to scream and push her back on her own side. Needless to say the 2 1/2 hour flight now felt to me like a 6 hour over seas flight. I was hot, squished, sneezing, tired, breathing bad smells, and hearing snoring. GROSS. We got off the plane, went home, and both Scott and I took a bath/shower. Even then, all day, I felt claustrophobic. I am just glad it is over. Scott was an awesome flier, but does make everything a little more stressful!
No comments:
Post a Comment