Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Vacuums - to get one or not to get one...
So just recently our cheapo crappy vacuum just broke - it was soooo cheap that it only lasted for like 6 months!!! I am soooo sick of going to Walmart and buying yet another plastic made vacuum that is just going to break on me within the year. I know all about the stupid warranty thing and actually we took this piece of crap into a dealer and they basically just laughed at us and what a crappy machine it was, telling us that it broke because of how poorly it was made. Such a wonderful feeling! Anyway I am almost to the point of buying the most expensive stainless steel vacuum I can. Why can't vacuums just work right! We use them pretty much every other day trying our hardest to keep a clean home (especially with toddlers and babies making messes everywhere). I mean I do not have a big apartment, much less a house - so why should I need the state of the art vacuum for my living conditions??? - I wonder if the cheap vacuum I bought would have even lasted in a regular sized home for more than a month? THOUGHTS???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ya know if ya keep it in the closet it won't break... The floors won't get cleaned but at least you will have a working vacuum. Ha!
We just got a new one too, I don't remember what brand it is, (Hoover I think, it's green too) and it was still only $100 but my favorite thing is the retracting cord :) It works so much better than our cheapo $30 one we first got when we were married. Robbie still wants a Dyson, but I just can't let him waste money like that.
We have a Eureka that we bought at Lowe's in Tallahassee. So we've had for almost four years now? And it's still going strong. It was $150. Well worth it. My sister has a Dyson and LOVES it. When Esther was a baby, our vacuum broke and I borrowed my sister's vacuum weekly for a LONG time. But yeah...that's a LOT of money. I'll still with my Eureka for now.
Post a Comment